Hellooooo Journey Babes, Intention Setters, Dream Markers and Life Doers.
Can you believe it’s October, like what the fuck.
Where does time go? I talk about time with friends all the time & how it’s such a conundrum, one moment you feel like a honey in slug, and the next you can’t remember what happened, where you were or how you got there.
Does this conundrum sound familiar for you too?
Good. Glad I’m not the only one.
Journey Junkie Happenings:
Last month I turned the Monthly Goals + Reflections into an all about what Allie needs moment, I thank you for that, it was much needed. But for today’s post, I’m back on the grind & ready to do the damn thing!
If you’re new to this section on the blog – Monthly Goals + Reflections – let me explain what it’s all about:
At the start of each month, I’ll document my goals for the month ahead + reflect on the past month. It’s my hope that by sharing and publishing my intentions, it’ll give me a kick in the ass & simultaneously give you a dose of inspiration/ass kicking too.
And now, let’s get this month started.
Just an FYI, when I say “body goals”, I’m referring to overall health – energy levels, attitude and feeling good in my skin. I’m not referring to the number on the scale or the size of my clothing.
You and me are SO MUCH MORE than a number, don’t ever forget that!
- Start the 12 Week Bikini Body Guide….. for the fourth or fifth attempt, but who’s counting LOL. I love this workout regimen as it’s a killer strengthening system, quickly shows results and gives my body the variety it needs outside of a yoga practice.
- Start food prepping for me and the hubby again. I go through cycles of doing this, it’s such a time saver, but damn is it hard work on a Sunday. But in the spirit of trying to be the healthiest we can be (husband that’s your cue), I plan to pick this habit back up.
- Continue eating a meat free diet, including seafood here and there, but predominately eating vegetarian. I’ve been doing this whole meat free thing for about three months and it’s so much easier than I thought. If you’re flirting with the idea of being a veggie head, don’t hesitate to reach out.
- Get back to my yoga practice. Yes, I still do yoga, but not as consistently as I’d like. I’ve barely visited my beloved yoga studio this summer, and now that the barrage of weddings are coming to an end, I can change this! Here we go yoga, here we go!
- In addition to wanting more yoga for the hell of it (who doesn’t), I also want to be physically and mentally prepared for Yoga Journal Conference in early November. This is a long, super taxing, but incredibly inspiring weekend & I want to be 100% ready for it!
If you’re wondering what I mean by mind, here’s a quick synopsis – anything that stimulates, challenges, grows and clears the mind. This will be different for all of us, but below is what works for my journey.
- Continue reading in the evenings + make it more of a ritual. After 9 pm, digital devices are outlawed, meaning me + the books are now in business. Helloooo stacks and stacks of novels, goodbye endless amounts of scrolling.
- Continue my podcast obsession. Podcasts are a beautiful way to digest information, rather than mindlessly jamming to music (which is easiest to do in our spare time). I highly recommending find your favorites & sticking to them!
- Continue my new practice of Tiger Time. And here’s where I need to branch off and clearly explain what the fuck “Tiger Time” means.
I recently became a listener of Amy Porterfields podcast – Online Marketing Made Easy – and I love her simplistic, authentic, do the damn work approach. In one of her recent episodes, she touches on how she’s crafted a productive, creative and passionate day and offers a worksheet to help her listeners do the same.
Amy’s biggest discovery was that her time wasn’t focused, it was filled with distractions, her content creation was falling behind and the stress levels were moving forward.
If you’re like holy yes, that’s me too, stick with me here!
In an effort to streamline the creative process and produce badass, boss babe results – Amy created Tiger Time. Essentially, it’s uninterrupted, distraction free, nothing but you and your creation time. It’s the space where the magic happens, where inspiration unfolds, and where you truly live your journey.
I not only crave this, but desperately need it too.
I have thousands of ideas floating in my head, notes written everywhere, but somehow – the ideas aren’t manifesting. They’re staying on the paper and/or being created at a sloth, slow as anything rate.
I decided to create Tiger Time in my life too. And here’s how I do it.
- I’ve devoted an hour a day, before my “real (but truly fake) job” to work on The Journey Junkie community.
- I plan out my entire week on Sunday, outlining what each morning will entail, setting a goal for myself.
- I wake up early as anything, yes it sucks, but I’m getting used to it.
- With a cup of coffee in hand, I work distraction free – no social media, no checking email, no phone in hands reach. I Just Do The Work!
I’ve only been doing this for a week, but oh man, it’s already producing such incredible results.
I feel accomplished, organized and fueled with a clear vision of what to do. Tiger Time is a breath of fresh air with a system backing it up, I can’t recommend it enough.
If you’re needing that clear head space moment to do your work, get on board babes, it’s Tiger Time.
……yes, the name is so cheesy, but the thought process is that like tigers, we have to ferociously defend our time, not allowing distractions to creep in and take advantage.
And lastly, what I’m working towards for my soul, the Self, the light inside of me.
In last month’s post and as of lately, I’ve been feeling and expressing my lack of connection. My soul’s been a bit empty with all of the movement, travel and excitement.
For this month, my only goal is to wake up a teensy bit earlier than Tiger Time, sit myself down, and take 10 deep breaths before the day unfolds. I’m not even labeling it as “meditation”, because lord knows that’s not working for me!
10 breaths. Every morning. Before the day.
Will you join me?
That was a lot of words, I’m highly impressed if you made it this far. And highly grateful for you sticking with me, allowing me this space of reflection and intention setting, and of course – for being part of the journey.
Let’s Talk – Do you dig monthly goal setting + reflecting? Do my posts inspire you to start your journey? What areas are most challenging in your life?
As always – comments, suggestions, questions and general life love is always welcome.
Until next time – xoxo.