Hi JJ Family.
After four years of creating, sharing, and teaching, it has come to my attention that this woman needs a break.
I am officially burnt out.
This blog post serves as my permission slip to retreat backwards, so in the coming months I can progress forward.
Why? Because right now, I feel LOST as ever 😮
I am stuck in a cycle of creation that no longer aligns with who I am as a person, who I am as a yoga teacher, and who I am as a business owner.
I am creating to stay relevant in a fast-paced online space, to maintain my significance, to grow my following, to be seen and heard within the yoga community.
And as expected, my creations are no longer resonating (with me, and maybe you too).
This is why I need to take ten steps back and sit with my lost-as-hell-confused-self.
It’s my hope that by removing the pressure to create, create, create, I will have the space to imagine how powerful this community can be.
Because here’s the thing, I am no longer enlivened by one-off yoga classes that lack a central teaching.
I am no longer turned on by the numbers and seeing how large I can grow this community.
I am no longer interested in teaching for the masses and attempting to appeal to every yogi.
But here’s what I am into:
- Yoga classes that weave together with purpose, clarity, and a central theme
- Yoga classes that mirror workshops, bursting with knowledge and meaning
- Yoga classes that are rooted in the yogic studies
- Yoga classes that provide anatomical and physiological context
- Yoga classes that descend past the pose and ascend into the core of who you are
- Masterclasses that provide learnings applicable to your best self journey
- Yoga communities that give back to those in greater need
- Conversations that have DEPTH and relationships that transcend past the screen
These are just a few of things I am into….. there will be more to come.
But for now, let’s leave it at this.
I feel called to change.
To evolve into a version of myself that scares and excites me.
And to level up as a representative of the yoga community.
So, what does this mean for our community?
- I won’t be sliding into your inbox with a weekly love letter for the rest of 2018
- I won’t be creating new yoga classes or writing new blog articles for the rest of 2018
- The monthly calendar will be disappearing, for the time being
And the greatest change will be that the Live Your Journey Community will no longer continue.
Our private FB group began with only a couple hundred yoga practitioners, and in such a short time it has welcomed over 20,000 yogis. It’s a space that began with one intention, and has now transformed into something different.
This something different no longer aligns with the capacity of energy that I have to give.
Will there be a new group in the future? Possibly. Most likely. Probably.
But in this very moment, the LYJ Community will be closing it’s doors this Wednesday (10.17). The group will be archived, so if you’d like to search for past conversations or friends you’ve connected with – this function will still be available.
And now that the BOMB 💣has dropped, there’s one final thing.
As I step away for the coming months, I’d love to know what you want.
Below is a short survey to learn more about you, your yoga interests, and what you want within a yoga community.
Lastly, I hope that my stepping back gives you the permission to do the same. To change what no longer excites you. To not view things as finite or fixed. To not be scared to pivot.
Rather, to see everything as workable, and choose to pave a new way.
Thank you for your support, this isn’t goodbye, only talk soon.
All my love.
p.s – I’ll be back in your inbox come the Winter Solstice (12.17), to celebrate the seasonal shift, and share my new visions for this community.
Until then, keep Living your Journey!