Welcome to the yoga circus – it’s time to get upside down, learn some bomb ass tricks, plus get your spine healthy.
Don’t be alarmed friends. I promise this is good stuff.
So we aren’t actually going to the yoga circus (altho that’d be really cool), but we are going to learn the how & why behind the yoga trapeze + those bomb ass tricks mentioned above.
Okay – so what the hell is a yoga trapeze?
A yoga trapeze is a swing-like contraption that allows you to hang from it in various ways. It also acts as a tool in many other yoga postures and muscle strengthening techniques.
If you’re knee-deep in the yoga world, like me, the term “yoga swing” or “yoga trapeze” or “ariel yoga” might sound familiar or you might’ve tried a class that incorporates one.
Okay great, it’s a swing. So what.
But why should you use it?
- It’s the most natural form of inversion therapy that lengthens the space between each vertebra. Think of it as an all-natural spine traction system or in simpler terms – what you need to reduce chronic low back pain!
- It supports and assists the body in deeper backbends that normally cannot be accessed.
- Helps build core and upper body strength through various movements.
- Allows you to get upside down, reverse your blood flow, send fresh oxygen to the brain, and be invigorated/inspired!
And what is the fine print?
- The yoga trapeze is ONLY $99 & it comes in two awesome colors – purple & orange.
- You can try it for ONLY $1 – SAY WHAT! Spend $1 + shipping and handling, and you can play for 30 days!
- The trapeze is backed with a 100% – 10 year warranty.
- Setup is SUPER SIMPLE – click here for a video!
- It can hang both indoors and outdoors – from a doorway, on an exposed beam, a bar (like a pull up bar), a swing set, or a tree.
- It’s weight tested up to 450 lbs.
- It’s recommended for eerrrrbody – men, women, children, old, and young. Like legit everyone!
- And a bit off topic, but if you’re needing that extra energy boost in life – check out this awesome Liquid B12 product from Yoga Body Naturals.
And lastly, kinda most importantly – how do you use the yoga trapeze!
The trapeze can be used however your creative heart desires, but – below are the four main uses:
1. Inversion Therapy
This one is first because it’s the BIGGEST benefit you can experience from the yoga trapeze!
Because we’re a culture of sitting, our poor spines are constantly compressed which leads to all sorts of back pain – lumbar pain, herniated discs, pinched nerves, etc. The yoga trapeze helps create natural traction within the spine allowing it to lengthen and pull apart (instead of squishing together like normal).
It’s basically a big breath of fresh air for your spine & it’s an all-natural method – what more could you ask for?
Inverted Baddha Konasana
2. Assisted Backbends
The trapeze is a beautiful tool to aid in opening your heart, stretching the front side body, and accessing backbends that are either inaccessible or too intense for you. You might be wondering – how the hell am I going to get into that & why is it so helpful?
The answer is simple – the yoga trapeze allows the posture to be passive, versus active. Yes – it will take effort to come into the posture, but then it’s all about relaxing, opening, and making space.
You feel me? I know you do – so let’s open that beautiful heart of yours!
*See the video below under flying push-ups.
3. Core Strengthening
Ummm….. did I say the word core?
Yes, yes I did. Don’t run away friends, it’ll be over in no time!
4. Assisted Stretching
Lastly – the yoga trapeze helps assist in a plethora of standing postures that allow us to go a bit deeper than normal, but still with a hella lot of support!
Standing Head to Knee Pose
Yogis – I hope you LOVED this tutorial/product review!
I am thoroughly enjoying owning, using, and experimenting on the yoga trapeze. Please – don’t feel intimidated by it, there are plenty of instructional videos to help guide you through setup and the many uses.
Don’t forget – it’s ONLY $1 to play on it for 30 days! And after that, $99 for an awesome time/ a healthy spine. You really can’t beat it.
Until next time – xoxo.
*Disclaimer – This is a sponsored post brought to you by Yoga Body Naturals. While The Journey Junkie was compensated for this post, the content + our opinions are 100% our own. We strive to represent the best brands & appreciate your support as we bring them to you.